Described as the “Cartridge for the Commodore 64 that packs a punch” it allows you to emulate a number of different C64 cartridge types and even load disk images nearly instantly to play back on a Commodore 64, making it an ultimate accessory for the modern C64 power user.
A newcomer in the world of programmable cartridges for the C64, the Kung Fu Flash is the brainchild of Kim Jørgensen.
Kung Fu Flash can emulate different cartridge types, load PRG files and use D64 disk images. Just place your desired CRT, PRG or D64 files on a FAT formatted microSD card and use the built-in launcher to execute them.
Built brand new, tested and ready to use. You will need to provide your own FAT-formatted microSD card.
The following cartridge types are currently supported:
- Normal cartridge (8k, 16k, Ultimax)
- Action Replay v4.x/v5/v6
- KCS Power Cartridge
- Final Cartridge III(+)
- Simons’ BASIC
- Fun Play, Power Play
- Ocean type 1
- Epyx Fastload
- C64 Game System, System 3
- Zaxxon, Super Zaxxon
- Magic Desk, Domark, HES Australia
- Super Snapshot v5
The following file types are currently supported:
- Cartridge (CRT)
- Disk image (D64, D71, D81)
- Program (PRG, P00)
- Firmware update (UPD)
This cartridge does currently have some limitations, however:
- PAL only – it will only work on PAL C64/C128 computers, with NTSC potentially available via a firmware update in the future
- Doesn’t support multi-disk games
- Full support still in progress – it’s a new cartridge and still under active development, so may come with some support issues.
Further information can be found at https://github.com/KimJorgensen/KungFuFlash